Will your staff claim the title “Best of Show” and leave La Jolla with a trophy?
Only delegations that include students are eligible. Entries are brought to the convention for on-site judging and winners are announced during the closing keynote on Sunday morning.
Student media staffs attending the convention can enter general excellence categories specific to their medium. All staffs may enter the website category.
Newspaper staffs can enter two categories: One paper can be entered into the regular edition category by school type and frequency and one in the In-Depth News Special Edition category.
Submit entries to the registration desk no later than 2 p.m. Friday, March 1.
The entry fee for this contest is $20 for ACP members and $30 for nonmembers.
- Four-year, publishing two to five issues per week
- Four-year, publishing one issue per week
- Four-year, publishing less than weekly
- Two-year, any frequency
- Newspaper In-Depth News Special Edition
- Four-year, 10,000 students or less
- Four-year, more than 10,000 students
- Feature Magazine
- Broadcast Program
- Multimedia Package (submitted via direct URL)
What to Enter:
- Newspaper: A single issue published since June 30, 2018, print edition required
- Feature Magazine: One issue published since June 30, 2018, print edition required
- Websites: Updated since Sept. 1, 2018.
- Newspaper In-Depth News Special Edition: Published since June 30, 2018, special editions are an editorial product providing multi-page reporting of a single news topic or event. A special edition may be a section within a regular issue. Not eligible: back-to-school, orientation, apartment guides, gift guides, holiday shopping or “best of” issues.
- Multimedia Package: Must utilize at least two of the following elements—text, audio, video, photos, interactive components (maps, timelines, etc). Published since June 30, 2018.
- Yearbook: Your 2017-18 yearbook.
- Broadcast: A single program, broadcast since June 30, 2018, submitted via direct URL (i.e. a YouTube or Vimeo link)